Juniors: Girls and boys aged 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 on 1st January
Cadets: Girls and boys aged 8, 9, 10, 11 on 1st January
1. Howth Golf Club is not responsible for providing adult supervision of juniors or cadets,
except for formal junior and cadet golf coaching, matches or competitions.
2. All junior golf must be booked through the BRS system, before commencing play on
3. Junior members under the age of 16 years are not permitted to play alone on the
4. Two junior members are allowed to play together on the golf course unsupervised,
if each has a playing handicap.
5. Juniors under 18 years of age are not allowed to play in a two ball with an unrelated
adult club member.
6. One, two or three junior members under 18 years of age, may not play together
with an unrelated adult.
7. In the interests of personal safety, juniors under 16 years of age must be
accompanied on the course by a related adult club member after 8:00pm.
8. All juniors under 16 years of age must have left the club house, practice ground and
putting green by 8:00pm, each evening.
9. Junior boys with a handicap of 18 or lower may enter their names on an integrated
competition timesheet only after 48 hours have elapsed after the timesheet was
10. Junior girls with a handicap of 32 or lower may enter their names on an
integrated competition time sheet only after 48 hours have elapsed after the
timesheet was opened.
11. On a competition day, junior members not playing in the competition, are only
allowed to play after 3:00pm.
12. Cadets must be accompanied out on the course, by a related adult (Eighteen years
or older) club member.
Junior and Cadet Playing Protocols
13. All junior members are required to abide by the Conditions of Competition that are
set out by the Men’s and Ladies’ Executive Committees.
Junior members are allowed to use the practice grounds once they have checked in at the
Pro Shop. Cadets are only allowed to use the the practice grounds under parental
These protocols are subject to update.